Saturday, October 22, 2005

It's 3 AM

It's Saturday morning, really early. As Ken would call it..."O-dark:30" We are at the Sanborns. The girls are sleeping in the basement. Nate is in an upstairs bedroom. Ken is in an upstairs bedroom. Kevin & Lucille are in their room. The 2 cats are roaming the house. Me? I'm sitting at the computer...wide awake. This stinketh.

Prior to moving from Michigan I started having trouble sleeping. That was due to all the stress and heaviness of the situation. Once we moved, I started sleeping better. No traffic noise. No sirens. But now, the pace of our lives has been greatly reduced. Due to that fact, I am not as busy during the day as I once was. I do not fall asleep the instant I lay down.

We head back home in a few hours. I'm guessing I will not be doing very much of the early driving. We are getting up at 5:30 AM to join Rob & Tracy for breakfast prior to our departure. 3 hours from now I will be at Big Boy enjoying their breakfast buffet. That is unless they don't begin it until 7 AM.

It has been good to see a few of our friends today..Friday. Nathan spent the day at the Gibsons. Cressalyn spent the day at the Snyders. Ken and I had lunch with Don & Laura. We popped our heads in at the daycare and church office. The Voughts stopped over tonight at the Sanborns. One thing for me has been accomplished on this short whirlwind visit. I miss my friends. I still have sadness for the way things ended here. But I am excited to get back to NY. As we have been able to share with our friends all that God is doing and the vision we have, the plans being made, I have discovered that I am anxious to return and get down to business.

We have the last of our belongings from the old house. The transition is made. The separation is final. It's time to go home.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?