Saturday, October 15, 2005

Rain...Rain...Rain...

It's been raining for 8 days. Tomorrow...it's supposed to rain. The news told us tonight that if we see a big yellow ball in the sky, it's the sun and it's supposed to be there.

I've heard of this sun. I've seen pictures in textbooks. Some people have actually bathed in the sun...whatever that is. I'm not sure how you bathe in something you can't see.

The rivers are swollen. The leaves are falling off the trees more rapidly because of the rain. You can't rake the leaves because they are wet. You can't play outside because you get wet. I am told that many of the locals are VERY grateful that the temperature is in the 50's. They say that the rain changes to something called "snow" when the temperature gets really low.

I've heard of this snow. I've seen pictures in textbooks. Some people have actually played in the snow.

OK. I'm bored. I have crocheted 5 hats and 2 scarves this week. The book I took from the church library I have already read. I've seen all the movies we have.

Today, Friday, was Ken's day off. I got up early to get the kids off to school so Ken could continue to sleep. When they left, I went back to bed. Ken got up around 9 to get Kenny up for work. Ken couldn't return to bed so he got in the tub with his book. Kenny left for work at 9:30. I heard him say goodbye. The next thing I knew, the phone was ringing. I knew Ken was in the tub so I jumped up to grab it. When I hung up Ken asked me what time it was. I told him I couldn't see, (no glasses on!) so I stumbled back around the bed to look at the clock.

Are you ready for this??

No kidding....

It was 12:45 PM!!!!!

Oh my word! Not only had I slept a long time but Ken had been in the tub for over 3 hours!!! he blames me, though. Yes, it's all my fault! I got him started on a series and he was reading book 2. He was nearing the end and couldn't stop. He'd just add hot water to the bath every so often and drain a little when necessary. What a guy!

We cleaned out some storage rooms and closets yesterday at the church. Everyone should do that once in a while! It's very therapeutic! It's also very scary! Do you know what grows in the dark places in churches storage rooms??? We found things that were brand new that had originally been purchased at stores that now are out of business! It's all clean and organized and we have an idea of what we have and will need in the weeks and months to come.

Tomorrow is a wedding. This is the 3rd this month! For a small little church it sure has been well used! It's actually a couple who are already married and this is the ceremony for the family and friends of the bride who couldn't be at the real wedding. The bride...her first marriage...and she's over 60 years old! Don't ever give up!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?