Monday, December 12, 2005

Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?

This has been a very difficult question to answer. It has been asked by so many down through the years. Why does God allow things to happen to us?

Cancer
We received news today that Ruth, our retired pastor's wife/neighbor, got a bad report from a biopsy from her doctor today. It's devastating them. The good news is that is seems to be contained. They are now faced with the options of where to go from here. They will have some time to make their decision, but it's so difficult to watch someone deal with this kind of news. Please pray for Ruth and John. They are dear people who have served the Lord all their lives.

Migraines
These are nasty things that plague people of all ages! I came home from church Sunday morning with one. I had run out of the medicine that kills the effects of the migraines but had gotten a sample of another drug. Our insurance company will not cover Relpax, which works. So I have to "fail" Axert first. They also want me to try 2 others. One I have tried in the past and had severe side effects with it. The other triggered a heart attack in my father one year ago. So, no, I don't want to take those. I did try this Axert. Nothing. No side effects, but no relief.

Ken went to service last night without me. He called the LBA together at the end to just inform them of this situation. He was ordered to get the prescription filled without the insurance. They would cover it! It's $200 for only 12 pills! This is aweful! But we are so grateful for our people who are caring for us! We truly are blessed!

So, even when we go through difficult days, trials, sickness, disease, God is with us and takes care of our needs. God is so good!

By the way...the Christmas tree picture is being included. It's a sad picture because of the stinky quality of the tiny camera we have acquired for free. Hopefully Santa will have an extra one to send my way for Christmas!

I'm still waiting to see pictures of your trees!

Comments:
If you get that camera - i sure hope we see some pictures of the kids!!! random and fun shots!!! :) This is (sadly) my first stop to your webpage and I read the whole thing! :) Great job!! love ya!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?