Monday, January 30, 2006

Back Pain...Ugh!

Well, anyone with back pain knows that it really interferes with life! My problems started in 1999 with a herniated disc. Every once in a while it will flare up for no reason. It has done just that.

2 Fridays ago Ken and I made our trek to Watertown. We walked through each of the stores we stopped at entirely, partly because we wanted to make sure we didn't forget anything, and partly because I don't get into stores much these days! I go through shopping withdrawal!

Remember how the pioneers had to plan a day to go to town to get supplies? That's what it's like here. WalMart is an hour away. Correction! We have a NEW Super WalMart that just opened this week! It's only 50 minutes away! Yuck. So when we go, we have a long list of stuff to get and places to stop.

Anyway, after walking all day through the stores, my legs and back were tired and that may have contributed to the flare up. By Sunday night Ken had to take me to the ER in Gouverneur for treatment. I was shot in both arms and sent home to rest with new drugs.

During this time of limited mobility I have felt a little lonely. I have been missing my friends. I sent an email to those friends last night telling them how much they mean to me. One of them called this afternoon and it was so wonderful to talk with her. I am so grateful God has blessed me with friends. It's just so lonely here sometimes. I love my family and the new people I am meeting, but it's not the same as those I left behind.

Cherish your friends. Enjoy the times you have together. You never know when you may be miles apart. Beginning again isn't easy. But with the Lord's help and the love and support of a great group of friends, I will be just fine. A bunch of chocolate doesn't hurt, either!

Comments:
Dearest Judy,
I'm so sorry to hear about the back flare up. I pray the medications and rest are helping ease the pain. Your brother had some back issues a few months ago very similar to that.

Reagan is doing well. Thanks for posting the prayer request on your blog. God is good all the time...

I am praying that as you reach out to others in ministry, the Lord will send you a special person you can connect with also.

We love you and your family dearly. Bea (and David)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?