Thursday, January 12, 2006

I need a job!

You know, there was a time when I would have given anything to spend my days doing crafts, emailing, reading, minor housework, and other little projects. Right now, it's my life. I don't even feel that updating this blog is worth anything to anyone because there isn't nothing happening...or so I tend to think!

Let me share with you some of the things that ARE going on. Kenny has gotten a new job. Monday, 16th, he begins orientation with McDonald's. He's also waiting to hear back from New York Pizzeria as to a start date. So he actually has 2 jobs. He will work McD's in the mornings and NYP in the evenings. He will not have much free time but now that he's a graduate, he's beginning to realize how important it will be for him to pay for college soon!

He's nearing the point of official acceptance from Bethany Bible College. It could go either way. Here's how I see it. There's this certain young lady who has become an item in Kenny's life. She's a student at SWU. Her parents work at BBC. In fact, her mother is part of the admissions process! Now, the boy could be admitted based on the fact that the mother likes the boy. Or, the boy could be admitted because the mother knows that the next school on his list is SWU and if he's not going to BBC, he's going to SWU...where her daughter is and the mother wants to know where the boy is at all times. Or, the boy may not be admitted to BBC because of the girl and the word may be passed on to SWU to not admit him there either because of the girl. See? I have WAY too much time on my hands!

We are really enjoying watching the Lord work in the life of East Pitcairn Wesleyan Church! We are constantly seeing new faces. The youth ministry is growing! We are having more children on Sundays! Lots of exciting things are taking place! It's awesome! God is awesome!

We are eagerly waiting news of the arrival of my first great-niece! Ugh! I am going to be a great aunt! But that's so cool! And my folks are going to be great grand parents! Hmmm...does that make us ALL old or just them? Brock and Esther, my nephew and his wife, live in California. Cressalyn and I flew there for their wedding nearly 3 years ago. Cressalyn wants to go back when Reagan Joy arrives. I don't see that happening right away! It would be a neat thing, though! Will let you know when Reagan Joy arrives!

Pray for a job for me! I need one not only to occupy my mind and time, but for our finances, too. God is providing. But I need to work. This area seems to have the opposite problem than the ministry...the laborers are ready, but the work is few.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?