Sunday, February 05, 2006

So many firsts!

Well, after successfully avoid the fried and breaded food and the Chinese restaurant Friday, I faced another challenge last night. I'm certain there will be TONS of challenges to come, but here I am at day 4 and I am being SOOOOO GOOOOODD! I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies for the Game Night at the church tonight. While I smelled the lucious cookie dough I resisted the urge to spoon some into my mouth! I wrestled in my mind with how much I had earned that day and that one spoonful wouldn't do damage. Boy, you should have heard the war in my head! But in the end, all the dough became cookies! That's a first in this household! So many batches of dough have never made it to the oven.

Tonight is our Game Night/Super Bowl Party. There will be lots of munchies and snacks. I am planning to dash home for a "meal" so I can be "full" and have an easier time saying no to the food items calling to me.

By the way, I may be sharing only my side of the struggle, but my hubby is struggling, too. He's doing so very well! I made an apple pie, his favorite, so the kids could eat it and remove it from the house. He resisted very well, and even did so well all day Saturday that he was allowed to have one piece! It's been a long time since he has enjoyed a piece of pie so slowly!

Comments:
I'm really proud of you! One day at a time. . .

Carolyn
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?