Thursday, February 23, 2006

This Shouldn't Ever Happen

Picture it. Gouverneur, NY. Yesterday.

Take off your left shoe and sock.
Hold your left foot out where you can get a good look at it.
Look at your big toe knuckle.
Look at the second toe's knuckle.
Now, look at the space in between the second and third knuckles.

That, my friends, is where a needle was inserted into my foot! Yes, I was shot yesterday. On purpose. I let this lady who I had never met before shoot me in the foot!

I have been having serious pain in the ball of my foot, especially when I wear my dress shoes on Sundays. It has been getting more and more difficult to handle. So I finally went to the podiatrist. She told me it was very common. She said the nerve between those knuckles on my foot has gotten pinched. A simple shot of cortisone with lidacane and vitamin b12 and it will be all better. Do you know what lidacane does? It numbs. So because the place she shot was a nerve with a branch up the left side of toe #2 and a branch up the right side of toe #3 those toes were numb on those sides! That is so annoying! Luckily it wore off.

So far the pain has been greatly reduced. We will see if this takes care of the problem. Otherwise, I will have to go back in 2 weeks to be shot again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?