Sunday, July 09, 2006

Story Family Reunion - 2006

Ok, it was a race to see which of the Story grandchildren and great grandchildren would be the first to get pictures of the reunion on their blog! I didn't win. Probably had something to do with the fact that I was the last grandchild to arrive and the last grandchild to leave. Oh well! It's all good!


Anyway, the kids and I made the LONG drive to NC Wednesday and returned Saturday. While is was a very long way to go for just 48 hours of visit we are so very glad we were able to do it! Several of my cousins and their families were already gone by the time we got there, but we made wonderful memories with those who were still around!

My kids were able to enjoy a ride on the backs of horses! This was Cressalyn's dream! She loves horses and had never had the chance to ride! Tanglewood in Winston-Salem has a great swimming pool and we were able to enjoy a dip. My mom isn't a swimmer but she went in with a noodle around her. It was too funny to watch her watch the water around! She never learned to swim and in all my childhood I don't remember her ever swimming with me. So this was momentous!

Nathan enjoyed jumping of the diving board and struck up a conversation with a guy that was doing the same. They started comparing jumps and other "techniques." Out of the blue this guy then asked Nathan, "Do you know Jesus Christ?" Nathan immediately responded, "Yes!" and their conversation continued and grew! Come to find out TJ is a missionary to the Ukraine! He's with the Southern Baptist church and has been over there several times. This was a great time for Nathan. He was able to share his passion for the mission field with TJ.

Seeing my Grandma Story was wonderful. She was able to meet her 2 brand new GREAT, GREAT Granddaughters, Reagan and Ella. It was precious!

Pictures can be found here.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?