Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving - The Sequel!

We left Greensboro at 10:14 AM. We arrived in Macungie at 6:50 PM. This was a gorgeous day for traveling! Far different from the trip down on Wednesday!

Dinner was ready when we arrived at the Davis Compound. A second huge dinner of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies, sweet potatoes, rolls, and green bean casserole was enjoyed by 14 Davis-type-people. Kenny was really wishing he could have come with us, too!

We topped off dinner with pies of all sorts! Blueberry, pumpkin, apple, pecan and (my personal favorite...) CHOCOLATE!!! My mother-in-law loves me! I'm her favorite! I know this because I was her first daughter-in-law! Whatever Marilyn and Brenda tell you, remember...I AM THE FAVORITE!

Tomorrow will be a bit of shopping with the girls while the guys replace a water pump on the truck. Yes, we have had quite a ride with vehicles in the past couple weeks. We are so thankful the Lord allowed us to make it safely to Macungie so our personal mechanics will be on hand to perform the necessary surgery. Recovery time shouldn't be long so that we will be able to head home later in the day.

God is so good! We are so blessed with family who can love, laugh, work, and play together! Thank you, Lord, for our family!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?