Thursday, February 08, 2007

Grandma Grace Story


My grandmother is 94 years young! She is a dear lady who loves her Lord with all her heart, mind, soul and strength! She's the mother of 6, grandmother of 16, great-grandmother of 23, and great-great-grandmother of 2!

She was born in China while her parents were missionaries. Grandma grew up and married a man who would enter the ministry. Each of their children have served/are serving the Lord in some form of ministry. Most of their grandchildren are serving the Lord in ministry. What an incredible legacy!

Grandpa left this world and entered the presence of God in 1998. Since then Grandma continued to co-teach a Sunday School class, until her health failed significantly several months ago. Grandma is an ordained minister in the Wesleyan Church. She has lived out her relationship with Jesus in front of her family and friends. What an example!

Over the past few months Grandma's health has been declining. She has maintained her faith in and love for her Lord during the difficulties of becoming less and less independent. Each time you sit and talk with her she loves to talk of Heaven and how God has blessed her life and those of her family. She longs to begin her life in Heaven.

For whatever reason, God is not ready to bring her to Him. I trust His judgement. He knows what is best for all of us. As a grandchild it is very painful to watch her fade into a limited existence. It is very painful to listen to my mother's anguish over the continuing physical decline of HER mother.

I am asking for your to join me in lifting this precious woman before God. He knows what her needs are in this life and He knows when she will enter the next. My prayer is that her discomfort, pain and struggles will be over quickly. While it is very important to pray for one's physical healing, I am looking forward to her ULTIMATE healing! It is very selfish of me to want to hold her here and keep her from all the God has for her in Heaven. So I give her to MY Lord, HER Lord. She is in His care and His will.

Comments:
What sweet and wonderful words! We share an amazing heritage!
 
May the rest of us grow old as gracefully, and leave as much of a heritage behind.

Aunt Carolyn
 
yes Mom...I always do...she is an inspiration to me as her great grandson...i was great to get to sit down with her at the reunion and just talk about everything in general and her life for about 30 minutes! I was a wonderful time.

I NEED MORE SNOW PICS!!!!
 
I NEED PICS!!!!!!! SNOW....I AM GOING THROUGH SNOW WITHDRAW!!!!! I NEED FRESH PICS!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?