Sunday, February 18, 2007

Guilt

Have you ever felt guilty for not going to church on a Sunday morning? When I was in college and had to work on a Sunday morning, I felt a little guilty but could explain it away. When my children have been sick and didn't understand why they had to stay home and miss church, I understood their "guilt" of not attending. It's part of the fabric of our lives.
Even on vacation when we have talked about not going to church we still end up finding one and attending.
But the real guilt for me has come today. See, last night we had a couple's dinner. It was a fantastic time with 5 other couples. Cressalyn and I did the cooking, but it was mostly in crock pots. Ramona assisted with the decorating so it wasn't all by myself. I had a good time, really enjoying myself!
This morning I woke up sick. Not involving my stomach, but sick. My head hurt, but not in a migraine sort of way. My throat hurt. My face hurt. My neck hurt. So I whined. Hey, I'm the mom and wife who has to listen to members of my family whine when THEY are sick! So it's only fair that when I'm sick I get to whine, too, RIGHT?
So I whined. I felt guilty for whining. Whining doesn't make you feel better. And it is not the best way to evoke sympathy from family members. At least no one asked if I wanted cheese to go with my whine.
My husband told me to stay in bed. If I felt better by 11 I would be allowed to appear for service. So I slept. To 11:36. I didn't feel better. I got up and moved to the couch for a different perspective. When my family came home they prepared leftovers for lunch. I went back to bed after eating. I turned on the "white noise" of the bathroom fan to block out the TV noise. It was Race Day, you know.
Well, I next woke at 6:15 PM. Once again my famiy was at church and I had missed it. Feeling a little better I moved to the couch...again.
Now everyone is sleeping...Ken on one couch, the kids in their rooms. I am awake. Great. Although I think I will be able to go back to sleep. My energy is in spurts I am finding. Tomorrow will be better At least I hope so. If not, the kids will take care of me!
Happy President's Day!

Comments:
I NEED SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?