Saturday, April 28, 2007

Full Time - Week One

Wow. I haven't worked full time since we moved from Pennsylvania in 2000! I did work at the school in Greenville, but that was school hours and not as many hours. This is 37.5 hours each week.
Now, with so many people out of work or in situations where they are completely unable to work, I am in no way complaining about having a full time job. I am very grateful for the work! But I am struggling to adjust to the schedule and the demands on my feet.
My feet have given me trouble since before I was 20. So this is nothing new, but as a bank teller, I am on my feet for the entire day. All my previous jobs had been at a desk or computer of sorts. My first job was as an EKG Techinician. There were days I was running a lot between patients, but not standing. This is new.
So while I am adjusting to the new schedule and the pain/discomfort that my feet are dealing with, I am excited about the people I am meeting. Bank customers are unique people! There are some who come in every day with transactions for their places of employment. There are some who come in only on pay day. And there are some who come in once they have collected nearly $1900 in coins! (Yes, this happened this week! It was already rolled, though!)
I have to say that my all time favorite part of this job is the customers who come with very special features. These are the ones who come up to the drive up window drooling. They may be in the front seat, back seat, or even in the back of the pickup truck. I'm talking about the puppies that come looking for the treats that we will give them! Ok, not many of them are puppies any longer. But they are all so adorable!
One dog was barking at the window with such energy! Her owner said she was barking at the "dog" in the window!!! How cute! One dog was on his owner's lap in the driver's seat and as I pushed the drawer out to collect the papers for the transaction, he came close to jumping into the drawer! That would have been a sight!
Big dogs, tiny dogs, droolers, multiple dogs...I am loving them all! I wish I could keep my camera handy to take pictures of them to share with you!

Comments:
How fun! We love taking our dogs on drive through errands. Today, Chick Fil A even gave us dog biscuits for bringing them through.

I hope your feet start to feel better soon. I've found that a good pair of shoes is definitely worth the investment!
 
Yay! a post!

hehe
 
oh my goodness i thought u were making fun of stroke victims or autistic people who drive.....
seriously i did.
wow. i think that says more about me than u.... :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?