Monday, April 23, 2007

Ladies Retreat

I was privileged to attend the ladies retreat this year. Our church covered my expense and for that I am so grateful! Being a committee member, I really needed to attend!


I was put in charge of all the sound and multimedia for the 5 rallies. This I can do. This is one of my passions! Whoo hooo! So I worked on preparing some fun slide shows in power point and gathered all my "supplies." When I arrived at the retreat center I found the equipment was there, but poorly assembled. So I worked and traced and located the items I would be using and got everything all in working order.


At the first moment of the first rally, I pressed the button to start the cute musical opening of the "Total Woman" retreat...(to the theme of "Wonder Woman!")...and nothing happened!


Thus began a VERY frustrating 2 hour rally! Every element of the program had some sort of glitch or failed to work at all. Our speaker, Kay DeKalb Smith, handled every bump with style and class! Wow! She completely went with the flow and didn't allow any frustration to show! I was truly impressed!


I was also truly frustrated! This is not the way you want things to go! This is the type of stuff that makes people forget the focus they are supposed to have. There were so many distractions.


But in spite of it all, God came. He settled into the midst of the women and the rallies, and every part of the retreat.


None of the rallies had every technical element work smoothly. But I learned to flow. I don't always flow easily in the midst of turmoil. God blessed with wonderful times in His presence!


Thank you, Father God!

Comments:
Hey, great to hear that things are going well in Pitcairn. Things are settling in here in Australia and just wanted to let you know that we updated our page, just for you. It only took me four months, kinda like the visa process, I am slow.
 
CANDY STORE!!!!! YAY!!!!! haha....you need to post!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?