Thursday, July 12, 2007

PVC

What does this mean to you? Plastic pipes? Ordinarily it means that to me. But not right now.

Let me 'xplain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

9:30 PM Wednesday night - Ken took Judy to ER.

While at the ER Judy was treated for excessive PVC's. This is an irregular beating, "extra beats", of the heart. There were several runs of PVC's. This is not a good thing. Judy's blood pressure was pretty high as well. The medical staff administered 3 doses of medication to lower BP. Blood work came back showing a low magnesium level so a bag of mag was administered. The PVC's weren't ending so Lidocaine was also given. The discussion was that Judy would be admitted but the cardiologist who had been called said he didn't think it was necessary, but Judy was to be in his office Thursday.

2:30 AM Thursday morning - Ken took Judy home.
1:30 PM - Judy went to cardiologist's office. Another EKG, an Echocardiogram, a stress test, and a Holter monitor was administered.

So, the diagnosis is PVC's that have been brought on by increased anxiety. My heart is functioning well and the blood is flowing. It just has some extra beats and tends to dance to a different drummer as my stress level increases.

Stress? What stress? I have no stress.

Comments:
Oh My, STOP IT!!! You are too young to stress..............NOT!!! I totally relate to you girl. Cant get into it on here or I would fill the whole blog. Glad you are feeling better. Tracy

BTW, I had to go anonymous...........I forgot my password lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?