Thursday, August 30, 2007

What is the deal???

Ok. It's 3:09 AM on Thursday morning. In about 82 hours the Davis family will be relocating to Virginia. But we have to get through the final hours. We haven't got much more to pack and then cleaning and loading is left. BUT!!! We are in desperate need of prayer!

Cressalyn has been sick for a week now. She has been to the ER twice and is currently on 6 different medications including a nebulizer machine. She's no longer allowed to pack or clean anything. I'm fine with that. I just like to hear her breathe.



I am getting over a head cold that so far hasn't decided to settle in my chest as is the usual custom. My prayer is that it stays that way. But then again, I'm up VERY late at night tonight. Wonder what's up with that?

Nathan went to bed tonight and then an hour later began upchucking. Great. If you know Nathan's history you will be aware that his upchucking tends to land HIM in the ER for fluids and extreme meds to make the puking stop. He's currently asleep. Yay! He did throw up the medication we have from the last ordeal in February.


Ken is entering the phase of the moving process we call "grumpy-pants." He's tired of cardboard. He's got final things to pull together at the church. His family isn't healthy. See the stress? He mentioned a few moments ago as he passed by from the potty that he was just nauseated. Yippee.

Sasha, too, is dealing with her own issues. Her home is invaded with cardboard. There are boxes everywhere and occassionally she has trouble getting to her food and water. She's finding is best to hide under an end table in the living room. She's also eating grass. That, I believe, can be a sign of a sick puppy.

So, if you find the Davis family on your hearts and minds during a quiet moment of your day, please breathe a prayer for us as we make the transition to Virginia.
Pray, too, for the congregation of East Pitcairn Wesleyan Church. This is a difficult time for any body of believers. This small group is dealing with some hurts. Pray for peace of mind and spirit and for unity within the Body. They are precious people. Each one.







Comments:
(I found your blog recently via Stevan's.) Praying for everyone's health for the church family you are leaving behind. I'm a PK and now a Pastor's Wife, so I know the emtional roller coaster that comes with these moves.

I believe you are moving to "my" district -- Shenandoah. Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you in person sometime soon! My hubs and I are in the WV part of the district.

Again, I'm saying a prayer right now for you, Ken & your kids. May God bless you all with good health for the journey.
Lisa
www.shinnsstew.blogspot.com
 
I've been hoping you would post an update before moving, but this is NOT what I was hoping to see. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Your old, slightly senile, but loving, aunt carolyn
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?